The Louisiana Conference United Methodist Men shall be a creative, supportive, fellowship of men who seek to know Jesus Christ,
to grow spiritually, and to seek daily his will.
Our primary purpose is to declare the centrality of Christ in the lives of men and in all their relationships.
The major Louisiana Conference United Methodist Men concerns are:
- To encourage knowledge of and support for the total mission of The United Methodist Church.
- To engage in evangelism by sharing the fullness of the gospel in its personal and social dimensions.
- To clarify and speak to the identity and role of the man in contemporary society.
- To seek commitment to discipleship
- To study and become familiar with The United Methodist Church, its organization, doctrines, and belief.
- To cooperate with all units of United Methodist Men in obtaining these objectives through district, conference, jurisdiction, and church-wide goals.
- To work with the district organizations and the local units in developing programs to meet the needs and interests of men and the concerns and responsibilities of discipleship.
- To assist in personal witness and evangelism.
- To enable outreach in individual and group mission and ministry.
- To encourage and support spiritual growth and faith development.
- To promote the objectives and responsibilities of the General Commission on United Methodist Men.
Men seeking membership in a local unit of the Louisiana Conference United Methodist Men shall subscribe to the Purpose of the Louisiana Conference United Methodist Men and to these personal objectives:
- Engage daily in Bible study and prayer.
- To bear witness to Christ’s way in daily work and in all personal contacts through words and actions.
- To engage in Christian service.